Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why a blog? Why not!

Hi everyone! I am really looking forward to starting this blog and communicating with like minded people...people who value their family, their history, their memories. We all have a story to tell and I love to read those stories. I normally find interesting blogs through links from other websites/blogs, and I enjoy getting to know the bloggers, their interests and especially their scrapbook work and styles.

So what's my story? Well, I look forward to sharing that in posts to come!

I'll start by saying that I am wife to Shane, mom to Grayson (3 years) and another little boy on the way (due in June!) I am an only child, and my parents live very close to us. I would have to say that family is the most important thing in my life.

Presently I work as a Vice-Principal at an urban K-9 school, but once I have our second child I hope to take a few years off to be with our kids (I have been a teacher, consultant and adminstrator for over 15 years, but I think my biggest career challenge will be being a full time mom! LOL)

My teaching background was in the Fine and Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Humanities. When I taught visual art, I was always involved in creative endeavours. Once I went into administration, I didn't have that daily luxury. So, when I was introduced to scrapbooking at a friends' home party, I immediatley loved it for being able to preserve my families history and memories, as well as being a wonderful creative pursuit.

I decided to become a Creative Memories Consultant, and have loved that I have been able to use my teaching skills and my visual art to help so many others embrace scrapbooking. I have done lots of classes, workshops, and retreats for ladies who don't know where to start - whether it is organizing and sorting their photos, or actually getting their photos into an album!

I am ready now to both simplify and streamline my scrapbooking as well as take my my passion for scrapbooking to the next level and share it with a wider audience...hence this blog! I look forward to sharing with you and learning from you!

Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment