Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Digital fun

So, I have been out of commission again for a week now - I cracked some ribs last week while having a coughing fit! The Doctor says this is not uncommon in pregnant women as the ribcage is already stretched. I don't know how I manage these things. And, to make matters worse, I had just gone back to work the week before! Sheesh!

Anyway, I still can't do too much physically, but I can sit at my computer propped up with lots of pillows, so I took advantage of this unexpected "found" time and really got into my digital scrapbooking. I learned to use Creative Memories new Storybook Creator + software and I just completed a couple of cute holiday layouts:

(Edited...sorry I had to temporarily remove these LO's as I have submmitted them for publication June 8-08.)

Learning the software was really easy and intuitive. I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, but even though I have a little bit of Graphic Design background using Corel Draw, I will still need to take a tutorial on PSP6 and play around with it a little more. I didn't know if I would like digital scrapbooking, because I really love touching and working with paper and embellishments etc., but I think after doing just a couple of layouts, I think I might be hooked! I can see so many advantages of using digital:
  • you can buy a kit once and use/re-use it forever
  • it's very portable - if you use a laptop, you can digi-scrap anywhere
  • there's no need to haul out lots of supplies (this is great because my basement studio STILL isn't done, although the carpet is being installed as we speak!) and no clean-up
  • you can get a lot done in a short period of time, leave it, then come back to it
  • you can get lots of cool effects with photos or embellishments
  • it's lots of fun to share by emailing or by posting

I am also working on an 8x8 Storybook using the CM software, so I will post that when it is finished. I'd love to hear your comments on my layouts!

Have a great day,

Noreen

PS...I can't tell you how excited I was to see a comment posted on my blog by Wendy Smedley!!! I feel like I've just met a scrapbooking celebrity! Thanks Wendy...you made my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment