Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bad Blogger

Ok Ok I know...I am a bad blogger! So much for my one-fun-thing-a-day postings, eh? Well, I think I have a good excuse - I AM EXHAUSTED. Gee, I wonder why?I have a 7 week old COLICY baby, a three and a half year old and a sore back.

Truly I haven't been this tired EVER. I remember when Grayson was born my Doctor said "Sleep when the baby sleeps". Good advice, but when do you sleep when you have an active toddler around? And to make matters worse, Sam eats every 2 hours now, so he is only napping for a short while between feedings. My house is a mess, we have been eating frozen dinners and take out for weeks now, I haven't paid bills or worked on my website at all, and needless to say I haven't been able to indulge in my scrapbooking at all. (I am saving all my handouts and lessons from Stacy J's Have More Fun class for a time when I can actually have more fun!)

I did get a slight reprieve this weekend as we drove up to Lloydminster to see Shane's family. The 6 hour car ride meant that both the boys slept a fair bit and since they were contained, I could sleep or read or whatever for a few precious minutes as well. While we were up there, we stayed in a hotel with a pool,so Grayson got to have some fun with daddy, and of course we went to restaraunts which meant I got to sit down and have someone serve me! Little things, I know, but what can I say?
Here is a shot of Grayson at the famous (infamous?) Pysanka egg at Vegreville, where we had to stop to feed Sam. I guess I really can call Grayson an egghead now eh?!


Sam is 8 weeks today and they say that colic tends to peak around 6 weeks/2months and then dies off. Let's hope that is the case. I can hang in another month. And things could always be worse...I found by pure accident a lovely blog from a gal who offers free digital kits. Her scrapbooking design work is amazing and great, but I was really touched by her personal story...she has a young baby girl who is going through a serious health problem and is actually having brain surgery next week. Through it all she seems to be coping well and reamin thankful for small things and very positive...what a good reminder to us all. So, I will be keeping her and her baby in my thoughts and remember to be thankful that my colicy baby is healthy. And today I will also be thankful for a cup of coffee with real cream in it, smiles and kisses from my 3 year old and maybe a piece of chocolate before I go to bed. Life is good.

Happy Scrapping
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness. I'm impressed that you even attempted to blog daily with a 3year old and a 7week old. I also have a 3.5 year old and barely blog daily!! So, I admire you for attempting.

    My son was also seemed to have colic. Have you tried the bath in the late afternoon/early evening? It worked for us. Also, we would sit on an exercise ball and bounce him. That worked too :)

    Monica (BPS Classmate)

    ReplyDelete