Tuesday, September 2, 2008

30 Days Hath September

I mentioned that the September project in my BPS class was to create a layout a day, resulting in a memorable album showing snippets of our everyday life for one month. So far I am doing well...I have a bit of a formula I am going to use for each layout and have gathered all my supplies together in a material file for easy scrapping. Even after doing only 2 layouts, I can see that this is going to be a very revealing project - one which causes me to live in the present and to be more aware of the precious, fleeting moments. The theme is Collect, Capture and Record. Stacy J. provides us with a prompt to use if we like, or we can simply focus on the day's events or other insights. I hope to share all the layouts here...even it they are not posted on the day they were created.

Here is the materials file. I am using a cute gated album by Fancy Pants and the coordinating papers and elements are from a digital kit called Sweet Cherry Pie. Both by Nancie Rowe-Janitz.
Title and Dedication page...the "why" of the project:

September 1: Since each page is only 6 x 12, it is a bit of a challenge to get a photo, memorabilia and journaling in. Today I hinged the journaling card so I could use the back and inside.

September 2: The photo is only adhered on three sides to become a pocket for an email recieved today.

I was worried that this project might be too much - a layout a day when I have a newborn and toddler at home? Well, I think it will be: a) manageable since each 6x12 layout is only taking me a few minutes each night to scrap; and b) really worth it as a cool exercise in self-awareness.

I'll keep posting every couple of days!

Happy Scrapping! (It feels really good to be scrapping again myself!)

Noreen

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be doing well with the project. I'm doing it, but I don't feel that I'm doing it "well." Good luck as you continue!

    Deanna (BPS classmate georgiagirl121)

    ReplyDelete