Thursday, April 2, 2009

LOM Layouts

For the past 8 weeks I have been immersed in sorting, purging, and organizing 20+ years worth of photos. And thanks to my new Library of Memories (LOM) system, as we take more and more photos I now have a system for keeping them organized, telling the stories behind them in meaningful ways and displaying them so we can enjoy them right now.

It's a great feeling to know that I am working on the legacy for my boys... photos and stories of their parents, grandparents and great grandparents. Photos and stories of extended family members and other people who love them. Photos and stories of their lives. I love this!

We have another 8 weeks to go in the LOM class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking and we will be tackling things like how to deal with storing memorabilia and all the kids' school items, but at this point after having done so much work I am ready to reap the rewards of my new system and do some scrapping!

So, I created these 4 title pages for my new LOM Albums: All About Us, People We Love, Places We Go and Things We Do.








As you can see I used the same plan for each, which helped them come together fast and will give the albums some cohesiveness (I am a big fan of page plans!). All new layouts from here on out will fit into one of these four types of albums. No more worrying about making sure that layouts are scrapped chronologically, or that I am caught up with my scrapbooking. Just focusing on enjoying the process of scrapping and the resulting pages. I love thinking about my family looking through these albums and enjoying them and all the stories they will hold.

I also had a bit of time to work on my Project 365 album, and I will share some fo those layouts in the next few days.

Ahhh...it feels good to create!

Happy Scrapping!
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment