Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Monday

We had a good, productive weekend...Shane finished the fence, we played outside, got some errands run, had lunch with a family friend and had a family BBQ last night. Onwards to the week ahead!

I always feel motivated to get organized on Sunday/Monday for the week ahead but sometimes my enthusiasm doesn't translate into action! Over at Simple Mom they are running a Back to Basics series and the post today was about creating and organizing your weekly routines. Good stuff! And it includes links to some great printables that you can use to set up your routine. I am planning on printing and setting up some new weekly routines during this afternoon's nap/quiet time!

I AM organized for the week ahead when it comes to meals though. Once again the BBQ is being called into service to keep heat out of the kitchen! Here's this weeks Menu Plan (and don't forget to visit Orgjunkie for LOTS more menu plans!)

Sunday: Family BBQ. Steaks, corn on the cob, asparagus, new baby potatos, strawberry shortcake for desert.

Monday: Grilled Pork Kebabs (boneless pork chops cut into chunks, marinated in BBQ sauce and threaded onto skewers with peppers and onions), new baby potatos, broccoli

Tuesday: Grilled hamburgers on buns with fixings, coleslaw and potato salad

Wednesday: BBQ Chicken, prepared stuffed potatos, green salad

Thursday: Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta, veggies & dip

Friday: Pizza and a salad (probably Ceasar). Oh, and a nice glass of red wine!

Saturday: Hoping to do a picnic supper in the park. It might be sandwiches, veggies, fruit etc., or we might pick up some Kentucky Fried Chicken before we head out! Looking forward to that a lot!

We are loving going to the Farmers Markets and picking up lots of fresh fruits and veggies these days. In fact a lot of our breakfasts lately have been simply fruit and yogurt and lunches are often plates of fruits and veggies with some cheese, cold meat and buns. Simple and easy. Besides, who wants to cook or eat heavy meals in this heat?

I have been enjoying reading some new fiction and am looking forward to the re-grouping of our book club this fall. Out first book selection is The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells, author of The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I enjoyed the Ya-Ya books as well as Little Altars Everywhere, so I am looking forward to this book too. But I recently "gave in" and read Twilight since everyone seemed to be talking about it. I had always been a fan of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and so Twilight seemed a little tame in comparison, but I have to admit that I enjoyed it and was cheering for Edward and Bella by the end. I think I will have to rent the movie and see if all the hype was worth it!

I will be posting a new page plan on SMS later today, but for now I am off to get organized and "eat my frog" (AKA laundry!)

Happy Scrapping!
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment