Sunday, September 20, 2009

Five Random Things

Here are a few random things on my mind or on my plate (so to speak!)
1) Fall is definitely here...the cooler temperature and the sight of colorful leaves on the ground today really made that clear!



It means that it is time to start switching over the wardrobes yet again! This is a slow process for me. It seems like I never wear the right clothing during this time of year - not fashion-wise (because I haven't been in fashion for years now) but temperature-wise. A cool morning (9 degrees) can still give way to a hot afternoon (30 degrees!) so I never seem appropriately attired! Anyway, I put away things I know I won't be wearing again today, and pulled out a few items that seem fallish, but not too heavy. I'll continue this process over the next few weeks until all the summer clothes are gone and my fall clothes are all in place. I have to do the boys stuff too, and I am dreading it. Managing children's clothing wasn't something I thought about when we decided to have kids, but it takes up SO much of my time!

2) A lovely thing about fall is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice drinks! YAY!



Normally I don't go to Starbucks (I am not a coffee snob and will pretty much drink any old joe and I just can't justify spending 3 or 4 bucks when I can get a good cup at Tim Hortons for $1.69) but when fall rolls around, I hunt up all the spare change I can find to feed my instatiable lust for pumpkin spice!!!! Hot lattes or cool frappucinos - whatever the weather calls for, I'll have it. And it's the one time of year I actively search out a Starbucks, and the only time my "Grande Getter" iPhone app gets used!!! Yum yum yum!!!

3) Since I love pumpkin in any form almost as much as chocolate, I am super excited to make one of my favorite scrappy gals Margie Romney-Asletts Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins! I will probably make them after the craziness of this week dies down, so I'll weigh in with the yumminess factor then.

4) I am SO busy putting together page and project paks for next weekends Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival! I am really excited, and as it gets closer I start to worry that my stuff won't be up to snuff! I do hope it all is well-received! The carnival itself will be so cool with tons of ladies scrapping the days away in the middle of this huge creativity and crafting trade show! If you are in the Calgary area, make sure you come on down - it's at the Round-Up Centre at Stampede Park September 25 and 26, and you can get all the details and a 2 for 1 admission coupon here.

5) I wasted a bunch of time today as I locked myself and the boys out of our Jeep and house today. SO stupid!!! I opened the passenger door and threw my keys and purse on the seat, closed the door and turned to help Grayson get in his door. But it was locked. I must have pushed the lock button on the key remote as I tossed them in. GRRRR!!!! Thankfully we were able to walk to Grandpa's house where we had to wait to be rescued by hubbie who was in Nanton (about an hour away) working on a client's home computer. We were stranded - how aggravating! Once Shane came to get us we headed down to Canadian Tire to get an extra key and a magnetic key-hiding box!!!!!!! At least it wasn't winter. But the worst part was that we were heading to see my mom who I haven't seen in a few weeks since Grayson started school. It'll be another week until I get a chance to see her, which is sad and crazy. But the day ended nicely with my dad and Shane's mom visiting for supper tonight. I made this chicken and stuffing dish. Super easy and really yummy. (I'll be back with the menu plan for the rest of the week tomorrow!!!)

Off to read and relax for a few minutes before bed!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment