- The electrican changed out some light fixtures and fixed a couple of wonky plugs.
- We have new flooring in the front entrance, kitchen, ensuite bathroom and the back hallway.
- Although we didn't replace all the interior doors, we did go ahead and replace all the door casings to a nice wide profile molding, and all the doors will get a fresh coat of paint.
- Missing closet doors have been replaced and all the baseboards in the house were changed out to a more substantial 4 inch trim that will be painted the same white as all the rest of the trim.
- Half of the painting is done and it is all looking pretty great!
Monday, March 1, 2010
It's March! How did that happen? February flew by and here we are on day 6 of our house update. So far, so good! Here's what we've accomplished:
The hunt for our next house continues, and although we aren't seeing much come up on the MLS, we do have a lead on a private sale. A friend of my dad's son is looking to sell his home. It seems to be in a good location, but we'll see. The conditional sale on the house we really liked hasn't gone through yet, so there may be an outside possibility that it will come back on the market.
I have spent a fair bit of time in the basement with the boys in the last few days and have started purging and organizing things like the boys clothing, tools and reno supplies etc. I have come across a lot of decorative objects that haven't been used at all in this house and was considering tossing them, but since I am thinking of possibilities for the next house, I reconsidered and decided to keep them until we finally pruchase one. I have started following a few home blogs and am enjoying dreaming a little bit about redecorating and cozi-fying our next place. I never really loved this house and sadly, I didn't put a lot of effort into decorating and prettying it up. I hope I will LOVE our next house and will put more attention into how it looks and more importantly, feels.
Because the kitchen was out of commission last week many of the meals I had planned weren't made, so most of the menu plan for this week will be a revamp of last week.
Monday: Leftover Chinese Food...hopefully our LAST take out meal for a long time!
Tuesday: Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta, Veggies and Dip
Wednesday: Cheesy Tomato Fish Bake, Rice, Green Salad
Friday: Pizza (homemade this time - not take out!) Caesar Salad
Saturday: Grilled Steaks (Grilled Hot Dogs or Chicken for the boys since they don't like Steak!) Baked Potatos, Asparagus
Sunday: 2 Step Pork Chops, Mashed Potatos, Mixed Vegetables
As always...get inspired with hundreds of meal plans at http://www.orgjunkie.com/!
Posted by Noreen Smith at 11:13 AM