Thursday, July 10, 2008

Having some FUN this summer

So in the midst of everything else that has been going on, I signed up to take an online class through Big Picture Scrapbooking taught by the fabulous Stacy Julian! It's called "Have More Fun" and that's exactly what I have been doing!

The class started last week and so far we have done three challenge layouts, a mini album, had lots of fun online chats, started a project with a book called "Wreck This Journal" (SUPER FUN!!!) and are now onto another project using an Altoids tin!!! All the projects have been fast and easy, and are designed to make you rediscover the fun of scrapbooking instead of worrying about designing THE perfect layout or getting "caught up". It has been very satisfying and I am actually thinking everyday about how I can have more fun in my LIFE..not just in my scrapbooking. (Let's face it, this past year has NOT been that much fun for me, and life is too dang short!) In the spirit of fun, did you kow that tomorrow (7-11) Slurpees are free at participating 7-11 stores? And did you know that you can find out all about the HISTORY of the SLURPEE online? (Thanks to fellow BPS'er Tamara for this info!) What fun!


So here are just a couple of my fun projects:


This was Friday's 30 minute challenge...grab some photos and don't worry about decorative products, perfect layout etc, and use a one word title. I completed this in just 22 minutes!!




This is the mini-album project we created. I used photos of baby Sam and made a little album of his first hours/days. Each page has a little pocket for additional photos or journaling. Sweet!



I am having so much fun, and I'll definitely keep posting what we are working on. Go have some fun!


Happy Scrapping...


Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment