Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baking and Eating

(Second post today! Wow!)

Well, we started Christmas baking with one of my favorite no-bake treats (and they are easy for Grayson to help with) We are going to be making a few more treats over the next few days so I thought I would share the recipes.

Today's treat...Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares!!!

These are super sweet and super easy to make! I could eat them every day, but I only make them at Christmas! Here's the recipe:

2 packages butterscotch chips (250 grams each)
3/4 cup peanut butter (I use all-natural and it turns out fine)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 cups mini marshmallows (1 250 gram package) (I like to use the multi colored ones instead of plain white)

*Melt chips, peanut butter and butter in a large bowl in the microwave for about 1 and 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir until all the chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for a few minutes, then gently fold in the marshmallows. Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13 pan. Regrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and freeze if desired.

Of course we had to sample them to make sure they were OK...and they were - YUMMY!

Tomorrow's treat - Peppermint Bark.

We also had another milestone today for Sam...he started eating rice cereal! He is 25 weeks, a big boy and he always seems so interested in what we are eating, so it was time to get him started. I got a great portable high chair that attaches to a kitchen chair (much better than our old freestanding one) and sat Sam in it. I let him play for a while to get used to the chair before feeding him. He was pretty unsure about this, but in the end he ate all of the cereal (all of 1 whole tablespoon!!!) and seemed to like it - at least he didn't spit it out! He even licked the spoon afterwards.


What a boy. What a day.
Happy Scrapping!
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie!!! Wait til he's 17 and you can't keep food in the house!!! You'll wish he was still eating baby cereal!!! hehe!!
    I love those cookies!!! One of my favs!!!

    ReplyDelete