Friday, January 30, 2009

5 Random Things

Just a bunch of random stuff on this windy and dull Friday.

1) I redid the old blog's design and spent WAY too much time on it! But I learned a lot and it will be so much easier to change it up the next time. I found lots of online resources for free templates and tutorials. The new banner is called Vector Dreams and it makes me so happy just looking at it! Two other sites I found with fabulous blogger friendly templates are Gisele's and Lena's. I'm sure I will be looking there again the next time I have the urge to change.

2) I haven't posted any layouts for a while, so here are a couple of digi layouts I did recently using two kits from a new manufacturer called Marks Paper Company. I really like their product lines:




"He Loves Me" by Noreen Smith. 12 x 12 digital layout. Storybook Creator + Software - Creative Memories. "Old Fashioned Courtship" kit - Marks Paper Company.


"Grow in Love" by Noreen Smith. 12 x 12 digital layout. Storybook Creator + Software - Creative Memories. "August" digital kit - Marks Paper Company.

3) Happy Mail! I love to get packages in the mail - it makes my day. Recently I received TWO packages full of happy. This one:



from Big Picture Scrapbooking in anticipation of the upcoming Library of Memories class. (Uh...have I mentioned how excited I am about this one yet???!!!) I must go and alter my clipboard before the class starts in 2 weeks.

And this one from Creating Keepsakes/CK Media:


WOW...can you believe what I got? And CHEAP I tell you! Check out CK's Clearance Centre for some great deals. Even with the exchange rate and shipping to Canada I spent less for all of this than what I would have spent here in Chapters/Indigo for just a few of them. I found the clearance centre by chance when I was ordering my Project 365 kit. (Yes I was one of the lucky ones who actually was able to order it. It hasn't come yet, but that will be a VERY happy package!)

4) Speaking of Project 365...I am pleased that I have been able to keep up with it. I am enjoying focusing on trying to capture one image from our lives each day. I have been posting them in my Flickr gallery and have been doing my journaling using these digital downloads so that when I get the kit I will just have to slip it all into the page protectors! Are you doing some version of Project 365? If so I would love to hear how it is going after one month.

5) Finally for today...a reminder of the GIVEAWAY!!! In honor of one year blogging I am offering some blog candy to TWO readers. Make sure to comment to the post below before midnight MST January 31st! (So far your chances are very good!!!)

Have a great weekend and happy scrapping!
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. BTW, love the new look of your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also doing the 365 Project -- posting the pics on my blog. I still am not quite sure how to organize it all. I may post once a week with that week's pics. I find it difficult posting every day!

    ReplyDelete