Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday and Project Updates

Since I wrote about Menu Planning last week, I am committing now to post my weekly plans here on my blog. I'm doing this so that 1) I know that I will have them ready to go and 2) others may find some ideas too. I am also going to link to Orgjunkie's Menu-Plan Monday where more than 300 gals link to their menu-plans. There's lots of inspiration so no more excuses! Let's get going!

Here's this weeks plan:

Wednesday: Planned Leftovers
Thursday: Cheesy Tortellini (frozen cheese tortellini with bottled Four Cheese Pasta sauce baked with shredded Mozza and Parmesan)
Friday: Pizza and Ceasar Salad
Saturday: BBQ Steaks with asparagus, mixed green salad and baked potatos
Sunday: Baked Ham with Schwartzie's Potato Casserole (I make a half recipe at a time), Peas & Carrots

Yummy! And it's so great to know what's for dinner each night and what I have to shop for. No guesswork and no stress! Love this!


As for my projects, I am happy to report that they are going well and are pretty much up to date!

Project 365: I missed one or two days taking photos but took fill-in photos of things that happened that day later on. My Project 365 album is current up to the middle of April and I just have to get photos from the last couple of weeks developed and added in. I LOVE THIS PROJECT and will enjoy looking back on it down the road!

Layout A Day (LOAD): I am only four days into the project but I am up to date! You can see all LO's here, but this is today's LO which I finished up this morning:


"Happy B-Day!" by Noreen Smith. 12 x 12 Digital Layout. Storybook Creator Plus Software and Best Buds Digi kit by CM.

The Creativity Project: Lisa Day says "...be creative with your thoughts and your actions. See everyday as a new adventure. Start each morning with the thought “what can I do that’s fun and creative today?” Totally uplifting! So for me this project is more about thinking about and focusing on creativity as opposed to making something every day. In this spirit, I have been revisiting some of the books I used when I taught art and journaling about creativity as much as I can.

My BPS Library of Memories Class continues for another few weeks, but I now have the past 8 years of photos sorted and stored in storage binders; favorite photos have been pulled, sorted and stored in category boxes and 4 out of 7 boxes of memorabilia have been sorted, purged and organized for use on upcoming layouts. Pretty good work if I do say so myself!

Finally, today is the first day of the Spring Cleaning Party over at Simple Mom. In just two weeks I will have this place overhauled and deep cleaned and ready for the spring and summer! We got a great start on the weekend by cleaning and organizing the garage - a much needed and long overdue task - so now I am in the zone to get the house done too. I will report progress in the next few days.

Alright already...enough blogging for today! Have a great one!

Happy Scrapping!

Noreen

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a busy day! I saw your link at orgjunkie, and I stopped on by. I've started scrapbooking some of my recipes--if you want to check them out, they are at http://nvscrapper.wordpress.com. My menu plans are here on blogger, though. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I spent some time this past weekend doing the exact same thing. I purged my recipe file and divided them up into the following categories: Meal Plans, Soups, Quick Fixes, Recipes to Try, Preplanners, Baking, Dips/Appies/Marinades, Other.
    It felt so great to go the grocery store to pick up exactly what I need for the week along with a few staples and then to know what I was making for dinner at 5pm instead of staring into my freezer and pantry. Now if only I could get my office and new scrap space organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great looking menu! I love menu planning so much I'd be completely lost without it! Thanks for stopping in at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and welcome to MPM! So glad you've joined us :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete