Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothering Sunday

In the UK and parts of Europe, Mother's Day is referred to as Mothering Sunday, and is celebrated in March. The term "mothering" while homey and comfortable has always seemed a bit odd to me. But it is kind of though provoking to think of the word mother as a verb since we mostly use it as a noun.

We mother by providing for our family's physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
We mother by kissing boo-boos and giving comfort.
We mother by setting a good example, setting boundaries and setting the table.
We mother by giggling under the covers and scolding when necessary.
We mother by simply sitting and listening.
We mother everyday and in every way.

I can't believe I have been a mother for over 4 years, and that now I am a mother to two young boys! It is an amazing blessing, one that I am grateful for everyday. These beautiful photos were taken by my good friend Tracy MacLeod when each of my little guys were just days old. When I look at them I am reminded of how precious my sons Grayson and Sam are.




Whether you are a working mom, a SAHM; whether you have 1 or 10 children, we know that we work very hard as mothers. Hopefully today you get a bit of R&R and appreciation for all that you do!

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Scrapping!
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment