Monday, October 26, 2009

Meals and More

OK...got a few things to post, so I'll keep things movin'!

Here is this weeks menu plan:









Monday: Skillet Cheeseburger Macaroni, Raw Veggies, Buns
Tuesday: Shane is out at a meeting, so the boys and I are having Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup - yummy comfort food!
Wednesday: Not Fried, Fried Chicken, Baked Potato Wedges, Mixed Veggies
Thursday: Leftovers!
Friday: Pizza and Caesar Salad
Saturday: Halloween! Chili, Buns and Coleslaw. Hot chocolate at the ready for parents of little ghouls and my own little monsters as they come in from Trick or Treating!
Sunday: Baked Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Carrots, Peas

As always check out the hundreds of meal ideas at orgjunkie.com!

Now...on to other things:

Grayson was home today with a cold AGAIN...or maybe the previous one just never left? It got me thinking about the H1N1 virus. How bad will it be? To vaccinate or not? Are YOU planning to get vaccinated? Really debating on this one.

I have been working on a couple of new projects for SMS - some printed Christmas Tags which will be in the shop in the next couple of days and some cute Free Halloween Printables which I hope to post on Wednesday.

I didn't get a chance to post about Grayson's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch last week. He loved going on the school bus (he said it was the "Farm" bus since we were going to the farm, not to school!)


We got to ride in the haywagon again to go out to the pasture where the pumpkins were.


When "Big Blue" (the tractor) finally stopped, all the kids scooted around to find the perfect pumpkin. Fortunately it seemed like all the little pumpkins were so sweet and perfect! (Ironically in last year's pumpkin pics G is wearing the same jacket, touque and mittens! Calgary in the fall, eh?)



Then the kids had their snacks, some free time to play and see the animals (including the 400 pound pig!) and to ham it up for the camera.





When we were heading back to school on the bus many of the kids were falling asleep. At this age they go, go, go and then crash pretty hard! Grayson lasted until we got home then he fell asleep on the couch for about an hour. He hasn't had an afternoon nap for close to a year, but I guess the excitement just wore him right out. (He is only four after all!) I think it was a really great first field trip - one we'll both remember. I am so glad I was able to go with him. I am also lucky to be able to help out in the classroom this Friday for their Halloween party. Looking forward to that!

I am getting ready for Halloween around the house, too. I made some treat bag toppers last week that were featured in the October SMS newsletter, and now I have to put the rest of the bags together.



Grayson is going to be a Monkey this year. He really wanted to be a Vampire, but our good friend Mel gave us a wonderful Monkey costume a few years ago and it finally fits him this year so I had to convince him to wear it! Sammy is going as Tigger...following in Grayson's footprints for yet another year.

I was reading Ali's blog today about doing the December Daily album. I like the idea of it. I am sad to report that I have lapsed in my Project 365, but chronicling the 25 days leading up to Christmas, especially when you have everything prepared ahead of time, seems doable. I love Ali's 2008 DD album, so I think I'll give it a go.

Anticipating Elisha Snow's BPS photography class which starts next week. (Sorry there is no link...the class is full so I guess they aren't advertising it anymore!) I am really hoping her tips help me take better pictures - including ones of layouts and product for SMS - right now most of those types of photos suck. Hers definitely don't

So, lots on the go around here as usual! Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking Elisha's class too! Can't wait to check out Ali's DD project. Not getting enough creative time in these days!

    ReplyDelete