Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1st

October is by far my favorite month of the year! (and not only because it's my birthday month!) Fall is in full swing, there is enough bite in the air to break out the fall sweaters, pumpkins and pumpkin flavours abound and we get to celebrate Thanksgiving AND Halloween! Two holidays set in one great month - how can you not love that!

Anyway, on this October 1st I:

* am under the weather with my first sinus cold of the season and it's a doozy

* am still enjoying the view of the fall colors out my windows:  out the back -

and the front -



* am lamenting the fact that because of said cold I will have to miss out on my first book club meeting where they will be discussing this book that I really loved:


* made two batches of orange playdough for Grayson's Pre-K class (I will post more pics, the recipe and the how-to's another day.)



* plan to settle in to read the newest CK issue which landed in my mailbox today! (love the Ali Edwards LO on the cover)



* have to start putting away the sandals and getting out the socks and shoes (I try not to wear socks from April 'til October!) I guess I have to start in on the closet swap as well

* so thrilled that the ever inspirational Stacy Julian launched her own website today!


* am hoping to reflect on this little album which I made based on a prompt from Stacy one year ago and to make a layout about how things have changed in year since then


* debating whether or not to take Ali's class at Big Picture Scrapbooking. It starts today. I have so many things going on in the next few months but it looks like she isn't teaching it again next year. I can always put all the info away until I can really sink my teeth into it. Hemming and hawing...

* am feeling a little guilty (and overwhelmed) about not getting to the mile long TO-DO list for Sharing Memories Scrapbooking. I have to finish a tutorial, figure out the shopping cart software and start on the October newsletter. (I probably should be doing all that instead of blogging, eh?)

* am craving yet another Pumpkin Spice Latte. Maybe Hubby will be sweet and bring one home to sick lil' ole' me! (are you reading this hon?)

What are YOU doing on this fine October 1st? Whatever it is, have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Come join me! And thanks for the comment about the CK cover - it's actually the first time I have had a layout on the cover of the magazine :).

    ReplyDelete