Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday Snow

It's snowing this morning.



It was raining when I got up and I thought it seemed so dismal. But then magically the raindrops started to turn into snowflakes. Big, fluffy, slowly falling snowflakes. The ground now is covered and I know the roads and sidewalks will be very slippery with the wet rain underneath, but somehow the quiet beauty of the snow makes me happy.

A snowy Saturday morning somehow gives me permission to slow down and get cozy. We made pancakes and had a leisurely breakfast. The kids played around in their pj's. I allowed myself another cup of coffee and some time to catch up on the unread blogs I (try to) follow. We made some pumpkin cookies.



There is no rush. The snow isn't going anywhere, and neither are we.
Have a happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Really...snow?! There's no snow north of Grande Prairie! -- for now!
    TracyBzz

    ReplyDelete