Monday, November 30, 2009

A Cozi Weekend & Menu Plan

It suddenly snowed on Friday night and I suddenly got a cracker of a headache. Coincidence? I think not. So, we ended up staying in for most of the weekend and it turned out to be nice and cozy in more ways than one. Once my headache subsided a bit, I worked on some kits for the craft show next weekend, watched a couple of bad made-for-TV movies, completed our Advent Calendar (more on that tomorrow!), put up our tree and discovered Cozi. I think I am in love.



Cozi is a calendar application from Better Homes and Gardens (BHG) that I stumbled upon while I was reading one their many online newsletters (scrapbooking, probably!) Shane and I have been trying to coordinate our calendars for a while now. Since I use Microsoft Outlook, I end up having to send him an "invite" for all the events I need him to know about. With Cozi, we can both check the calendar online, sync it to both our Microsoft Outlook accounts and see all the events for all members of the family. I can make and keep track of all my lists, including my shopping list (which I can easily send to my phone) and my calendar in one place. It also has a journaling feature, (which I don't know how much I would use since I have a blog) and a screen saver mode which will come in handy. All in all I really like it so far! Check out the intro video here. Oh and did I mention it's free? Yay!

So, I used Cozi to plan my menu this week...it was nice to have my calendar in front of me and then to easily add item to my shopping list. Then I sent my list to my phone and I can stop at the supermarket later today without worrying about having my scribbled-on-a-scrap-of-paper list with me! Anyway...here's my plan, and make sure to check out all the other great plans on http://www.orgjunkie.com/



Monday: Chicken cordon blue (pre-made from M&M), rice and mixed veggies
Tuesday: Mushroom Garlic Pork Chops, roast regular and sweet potatos, broccoli
Wednesday: Hamburger Soup, buns, veggies and dip
Thursday: Spaghetti & meatballs in tomato sauce, salad
Friday: What else - pizza night!
Saturday: Leftovers (I am at the craft sale all day, so I held leftovers off until tonight.)
Sunday: Baked ham, Schwartzies potatoes, peas and carrots

I am off to finish off more kits for the craft sale and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas which starts tomorrow on Sharing Memories Scrapbooking! I am very excited to share some Christmas crafty goodness!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Cozi. Can't wait to check it out and I am dying to see your 12 days crafts. I had so much fun creating the paper album from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Cozi is working our for you Noreen and thanks for sharing it with your blog readers! If you would like to learn more about the latest developments on Cozi, including prizes, contests, new features and more, be sure to stop by and Fan us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CoziFamily. And if you ever have any questions, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
    Carol@cozi.com

    ReplyDelete