Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekly plans

I am ready to tackle another week of eating what I have in my house right now! The grocery bill HAS been less this month since I haven't been purchasing meat etc, but I really didn't have a lot of dry goods stockpiled, so the regular breakfast, lunch and household supplies still have to be bought!

I am doing well with paying in cash though, so I hope to keep that up as it really has cut down on impulse buys! (And later this week I'll share my cute new envelopes with you!)

OK...Week #3 in the Eat From the Pantry Challenge has us enjoying:

Monday: Shake & Bake Chicken, Mushroom Rice and Broccoli

Tuesday: Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, Buns, Salad

Wednesday: I found more ground beef in the freezer than I had accounted for in my original 20 meals, so we'll use it for Homemade Hamburgers along with Oven Fries and Coleslaw

Thursday:  Shane is out at a dinner meeting, so the boys and I will clean up the leftovers

Friday: what else...pizza!

Saturday: Baked Macaroni and Cheese along with Veggies & Dip

Sunday: Meatloaf & Gravy Mashed Potatos and Peas

You can check out oodles more menu plans at I'm am Organizing Junkie. I pick a couple links at random each week, just to see what other folks are up to and to get a couple new ideas.

As far as my first week of weight loss went, well...it didn't! In fact I gained 1.5 pounds!!! Yikes! No excuses - I just didn't follow through AND I really pigged out on Saturday night when we went out. I had such yummy Greek food and I ate ALL the Pita, Tzatziki, Roasted Potatoes, Greek Salad and Souvlaki that was on my plate! So I'll try again this week...eat breakfast everyday with no cream in my coffee, have smaller portions of the main dinner meal, drink more water and excercise AT LEAST TWICE. Just wait 'til next week you little weight loss ticker...you'll see some movement then!

No comments:

Post a Comment