Monday, June 1, 2009

I Like Mondays.

*edited: I started playing around with my blog design while writing this post and have screwed it all up! Sorry if it was messed up while you were reading. I'll be fixing it in the next couple of days!

Call me crazy, but I like Mondays. I like the feeling of having a fresh start and a day to get organized after the busy-ness of the weekend. A day to get back into our routines and plan out the week, including of course what we will eat! So, here's this weeks Menu plan:

Sunday: (we had) BBQ hambrugers, buns, corn on the cob, potato salad

Monday: Pork chops in mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, mixed veg.

Tuesday: Chicken, wild rice pilaf and broccoli

Wednesday: Leftovers!

Thursday: Skillet Mac & Cheese (sort to flike Hamburger Helper, but homemade and MUCH better) along with veggies & dip

Friday: Pizza and Caesar Salad

Saturday: BBQ steaks, asparagus and new baby potatoes

As you can tell, now that the weather is good we cook outside a lot! I love that we can BBQ again - our grill was out of commission for a while, but Shane is back at it, tongs in hand. And whenever the weather is decent, he is ready to go!

(I can remember when I was young my dad used to be crazy enough to BBQ in the middle of winter - he would be outside with his down parka and touque when it was 20 below, tending to those steaks! What can I say - We Love Alberta Beef! But I wish I had a picture of that now!)

Anyway, Sammy is still sick, so I am not sure how much work I will actually get done today, but I am hoping to plan his upcoming first birthday party, get several loads of laundry done and organize my scrapbooking supplies after finishing up LOAD yesterday. Yes, I actually scrapped one layout per day for 31 days straight! Not all of them of stellar, but I learned how to choose my themes, photos and products quickly and get them together FAST! I loved it! And If Lain does it again, I'm signing up!

You can see all 31 LO's here, but I will leave you with a few of my favorites:







Happy Scrapping!
Noreen

1 comment:

  1. We BBQ in the winter too. Usually wait for a Chinook though. My mom always did, and if the weather turned bad by supper time she'd wheel the BBQ over to the patio doors and practically reach out to do it.
    I loved Scrapbook Lifestlye too, didn't discover it until it was almost the end. But Leah, Johanna and Donna make great videos.
    I'll reply to your Flickr mail hopefully later today.
    TracyBzz

    ReplyDelete